Top 10 Luxury Watches For Doomsday
Watch & Bullion18 July 2017 | 3 min read
After recently watching a documentary about a new wave of well-funded individuals from silicon valley preparing for the eventuality of a doomsday scenario I wondered what watch they would pick for when anarchy breaks out. Without further ado: the top 10 Luxury watches for Doomsday!
- Rolex DaytonaIf there is one thing you’ll need for when chaos erupts, then it is reliability, and which brand offers more of that than Rolex?
2. JLC Deep Sea ChronographJaeger-LeCoultre has long been known as the watchmakers watch. An excellent movement powers this durable diver.
3. Breitling EmergencyA watch made for this! With an integrated antenna to send out an emergency signal, this watch could end up being a real lifesaver.
4. RM Rafael Nadal 27-03 10,000GThe ability to withstand such incredible forces sure is cool, but in our civilised world highly unnecessary. Once civilisation breaks down though, who knows what you may encounter, and who knows where this feature may come in handy.
5. Sinn EZM 10Sinn has made a name for themselves by using cutting edge technology to create some of the toughest watches in the market, and the EZM 10 is their flagship chronograph.
6. Panerai Luminor Marina 8 Days Titanio 44mmFrom a design perspective, this watch is perfectly versed for difficult situations. An 8-day power reserve, a lightweight 44 mm titanium case and one of the most legible dials in the game make for a great companion.
7. Nomos SonnenuhrWhen everything else breaks down, the handy Sunclock from Nomos will be able to help you track time anywhere so long as long as you have the sun.
8. Tag Heuer MonacoOne of the most iconic wristwatches and for good reason. A design tested by time, this will undoubtedly be one of the most stylish watches to live through doomsday.
9. Omega Seamaster 300 ChronographKnown and respected in the watch community as exceptionally tough, you can trust that with this omega on your wrist.
10. AP Royal Oak Offshore Terminator T3Tested by the Terminator himself, this special edition AP features a unique titanium case with chronograph button protectors.